Seinfeld

Seinfeld
The Fab Four

Tuesday 15 March 2011

Seinfeld & New York: Introduction

This blog follows my dream vacation to New York City, New York. This concrete jungle has always intrigued me, with its deep history, glamour, and raw, authentic city feel. I have dreamed for years of visiting this wonderful city which the likes of Carrie Bradshaw, Ralph Kramden, and Rachel Green have called home. But it is one man who interests me beyond all others who truly calls me to explore the streets of New York City – Jerry Seinfeld.


My Dad, Dan, and I

Since I can remember, I have been watching the sitcom Seinfeld. It is without a doubt my favourite show of all time. Its colourful and eclectic cast of characters and hilarious storylines have kept me laughing well into ten plus years of re-runs. My Dad is definitely the man to thank (or blame) for my Seinfeld obsession. For years now, we have light-heartedly been discussing a New York City trip narrated by Seinfeld. That is, a trip to NYC, where we eat in places Jerry ate, we see shows in theatres Elaine visited, we drop by Yankee Stadium like George frequented when he worked for Steinbrenner, and we cause a ruckus around the city much like Kramer always managed.

Now seems to be the perfect time for such a trip to actually take to fruition. My Dad has been on many trips with my brothers that I had rather avoided (many of these were sport themed ventures, including a few to Cooperstown, NY) yet we’ve never had a father-daughter trip of our own. I am about to end my undergraduate career in late April, and I feel like that would be a great time to embark on this trip. Before we leave, we will need to discuss costs, travel plans, accommodations, and our itinerary.



No comments:

Post a Comment