Seinfeld

Seinfeld
The Fab Four

Wednesday 16 March 2011

COSTS

Firstly, we’ll have to convert our Canadian dollars into American and be sure to consider the exchange rate on many of our purchases once in New York. At the moment, the exchange rate is:
1 CAD is equal to 1.017 USD
or
1 USD is equal to 0.9843 CAD


It is likely the rate will fluctuate from now until the beginning of May (when my Dad and I will be in New York) but this should give us a rough estimate of what to expect.
Secondly, we need to think about our budget for this trip. I would like to be as reasonable as possible, and I think that shouldn't be too difficult, seeing as we are visiting New York as dictated by Seinfeld and not Donald Trump. However, there will a few expensive ticket items, mainly the following:
1) Hotel - My Dad and I have always discussed staying in the Plaza if our Seinfeld NYC trip ever took flight. It is costly, but it not only offers a flair of excitement to our vacation, but it is also in keeping with the Seinfeld theme (Morty and Helen Seinfeld stayed at the Plaza Hotel and managed to rack up a huge room service bill when they couldn’t stay in Jerry’s apartment because it was being fumigated for fleas).
2) Travel within the city - I'm a city girl from Toronto. I love everything about the city, including its public transit system. I would love to explore a far more vast and complicated system like New York's. My Dad couldnt be more opposite. He hates the subway in any city, and he'll let you know it. I know that travelling with my Dad in NYC will mean all taxis and zero public transit options. This will definitely be more expensive than purchasing a week-long MTA-NYC Transit pass, but my Dad will be happy.

Other than those two expenses that will definitely put a dent in the wallet, this trip's budget should be very reasonable with the costs of meals, tours, sight-seeing trips, etc. That being said, my Dad and I will be toursits, who are looking for a relaxing, fun time in the Big Apple - if a few extra dollars get spent here or there, I think the phrase "We're on vacation" will serve as enough justification.

No comments:

Post a Comment